How We Work
What Do You Need?
We have found that many clients find us when they are struggling with these types of challenges:
- We need to improve communication
- We need new ideas and inspiration
- We need new skills in order to lead effectively
- We have a specific problem we need to solve and we are struggling
- Our market conditions are changing, we need to do things differently
- We need an outsider’s perspective
- We need an engaging event or experience with a purpose (team building, not team bonding)
- We need to define and live our core values
- We need insights, thinking and strategy
Here’s how we have met these needs with other clients:
- Gathered and facilitated a working full-day session for R&D within a Fortune 500 company to innovate around a specific topic.
- Created a custom leadership development program for the executive team and upper management of a large infrastructure organization
- Designed and facilitated workshops to address and solve specific business challenges.
- Advised and consulted organizations to help envision and implement long term growth and strategic plans.
- Created a custom leadership experience based on Olympic events and themes
- Conducted individual and group coaching to bridge the gap between individuals and teams in order to nurture growth, development and connection across the organization.
- Consulted with organizations to help define and develop the mission, vision, values, and behaviors that drive their culture and growth.
- Delivered keynotes and presentations to groups to inspire and challenge their thinking.
- Conducted insights and strategy sessions for the world’s biggest retail brands.
“Switch Innovation Lab’s design thinking workshop was the springboard and catalyst for what we were trying to do when we got together as a management team. To be honest, it really surpassed my expectations from where I thought we would get. It allowed us to take the seed of an idea and run it through a process that turned into real action steps we could take and execute on. I’m beyond excited about we’ve accomplished so far, and I can’t wait to see how we build on it moving forward.”
— VP, Global Software Company
How We Will Work Together
Let’s start with a conversation. We want to understand what your specific needs are and determine if we can help. We will ask a lot of questions. We will want to know who is involved in the project, what the needs of each stakeholder group are, and what success ultimately looks like. Maybe you won’t have concrete answers yet, but we’ll help you get there. This may take a few conversations with different people and decision makers, and it’s worth the effort upfront to make sure we are all on the same page and preparing to answer the right questions.
Once we have a thorough understanding of your needs, we will identify and present the approach that we think will best meet your objectives. If there are opportunities to collaborate and co-create a solution, all the better.
Regardless of the specific output (workshop, leadership development series, etc.), any Switch engagement is unique and effective because:
- We bring life to our facilitations by making them interactive and engaging. We don’t use powerpoint. We don’t rely on slideshows. We connect directly with people and allow them the space to share, dream, engage, and build.
- We build community. We strive to create spaces and engagements where all people are comfortable sharing their stories. Participants are often surprised at the commonalities in the room.
- We recognize that many times the answers are already sitting inside the room. There is power residing in the amazing brains of the people in the room. Our job is to ask the right questions and inspire new ideas, to create collaboration opportunities, and to facilitate a-ha moments.
- We make tough work easier through storytelling, laughter, curiosity and an authentic desire to help. We are idea generators and creative people in every sense of the word. We have strong backgrounds in design and utilize that expertise in visual storytelling and problem solving to tackle business challenges.
- We recognize that while change is omnipresent, it’s also very scary. Humans are inherently risk averse and will choose the status quo – even an uncomfortable one – over a new approach. This stifles innovation and problem solving. We get people comfortable and then excited about change and the possibilities it brings.
- We model the behavior that we hope to create. Shared leadership, comfort in failure, respectful dialogue and disagreement. We are genuinely curious and invested in the conversation. We are open and vulnerable during the process and we encourage others to follow our lead.
- We make it feel like we are all on the same team, even if we are only on your team for a short time. Our only agenda is yours. We can pivot on a dime to meet the needs of the room and your people.
Who We Work With
We are intentionally diverse in the industries and markets we serve. Human centered means being broadly informed – otherwise we are missing the bigger pictures. Being well-versed in numerous industries allows us to effectivley connect dots and generate ideas in any space we operate in.
We have extensive experience in healthcare, manufacturing, services, infrastructure, software, education, retail — and likely with your industry, too. This experience will inform and flavor our questions and insights into your specific project.
Where We Work
Our work is not only diverse in scope but also diverse in delivery. While we love being in person and rolling up our sleeves alongside you and your teams, we also know, appreciate, and understand the value and benefits of utilizing remote platforms to do the work of growth and innovation. Whether in person or virtual, you will still experience the unique Switch difference — an experience that is rooted in community, curiosity, interaction, and engagement.